Established, PMP and EPIC Cogito PM certified, Information Technology Executive, with expertise in Business Intelligence, Project Management, and the delivery of organization-wide information management solutions, with a focus on Healthcare. Demonstrated abilities in LEAN rapid-cycle process improvement tools, Strategic Planning, and Relationship Management. Invokes a sense of trust with clients, employees, managers, and external partners. Facilitative leader with a talent for identifying problems, and creatively finding solutions by way of eliciting expertise from stakeholders and staff. Fluent in English, Spanish, and French.
Jim Duerr, Sr. Director, worked with Juan:
“Juan and his team did a terrific job in building a data warehouse that produced undisputed, actionable data that created visibility to physician practice variation and ultimately cost reduction opportunities.”
Alicia Anderson, M.B.A., PMP, reported to Juan:
“Juan was a great IT leader and manager. His logical, clear-minded, reasonable approach to dealing with the ups and downs in our environment was refreshing. He led the evolution of the department's culture, from being highly reactive, to being forward looking and agile...I thrived under Juan's leadership and was able to learn a great deal from him, both about web technology and managing a diverse, technical team. As a manager, he respected and valued my contribution..”
Nazhin Beiramee, M.F.A., Senior Graphic/Web Designer, worked indirectly for Juan:
“Juan is a collaborative and insightful colleague...He is always an advocate for his team members and truly enjoys seeing them thrive...Juan makes a wonderful, motivating mentor to any employee who gets and opportunity to work on his team.”
Michelle Scully, PHR, Director HR, worked indirectly for Juan:
“...he was instrumental in creating the infrastructure within the IT Department to support internal operations, as well as expanding IT capabilities to better position the organization for future business. He is a trusted, engaging, and dynamic leader who was well respected among his team and throughout the company. If ever I had an opportunity for him, he would be the first person I would call!.”
Ann Clair, Managing Director, worked with Juan:
“I was fortunate to have Juan support my division in complex intra and inter divisional systems projects. Juan is a skilled business analyst and strong manager. Juan's strength is his ability to interpret business requirements and then develop necessary system processes to support those requirements. He is solution oriented and exhausts all possibilities to ensure his recommendations best fit his client's needs. Juan's employees adopt the same commitment to client satisfaction. Juan is an asset to any company.”
Linda Walker, Vice President, reported to Juan:
“As a colleague Juan has shown exceptional analytical skills. He has a vast knowledge of both the business of banking and the technology required to support the business. He continually adds to his knowledge base and has been instrumental in helping various business lines to meet their strategic goals. As a manager Juan has shown a great interest in helping his employees advance their careers. He accomplished this by listening to his employees; helping to identify and acquire skills needed for advancement and following through to ensure his employees had the time and resources available to meet their goals. Juan has deservedly earned the respect of executive management, colleagues and his employees and I would not hesitate to work for or with Juan again.”
Jeanne Uphouse, Executive Vice President, managed Juan:
“Juan is professional, has an amazing capacity for work and is always thinking about the customer. He is strategic, innovative, and an excellent problem solver.”
Jay Fitzhugh, Senior Vice President, managed Juan:
“Juan is a fantastic talent, with strong analytical, managerial and technology skills. He is a strong leader, passionate and committed to his work. He represents a rare blend of a business leader, with creative talents and vision which would be an asset for any organization. He is a franchise player.”
John King, former Regional President, managed Juan indirectly:
“I had the pleasure to work with Juan on multiple occasions at two different financial institutions. Juan is a very intelligent person who has an extreme sense of responsibility. His interpersonal skills and intelligence gain him instant respect from everyone that he works with, which includes his subordinates, peers, and upper management. Based on these attributes, his employee management skills, and his project management skills, every project that Juan has been responsible for or involved in has had a very successful conclusion. If I had the opportunity I would hire Juan in an instant.”
- Establishment of data reporting and analysis processes, successfully integrating information across the organization, in support of continuous performance and improvement, recognized by the 2020 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
- One of five Epic customers achieving 10 Gold Stars level for effective use of the system including deriving value from data.
- One of 11 Worldwide 2019 HIMMS Davies Award recipients for leveraging the value of Health IT, also accomplishing Stage 7 EMRAM validation, including data analytics and governance requirements.
- Achieved Stage 9 level CHIME Most Wired Acute Survey, recognizing health systems that demonstrate excellence in Health IT, including data analytics.
- Epic implementation leader and Cogito project manager of Reporting and Analytics including inpatient, ambulatory, hospice, population management and Interfaces.
- Organization-wide interfaces and reporting and analytical support, including implementation of six predictive data models, leveraging dashboards and various reporting tools to meet strategic and daily information needs including COVID-19 interfaces to the Maryland Facility Resource Emergency Database for bed availability tracking and organization-wide Opioid Utilization reporting, integration of third party data into the Epic Caboodle data warehouse including CMS claims and Press Ganey HCAHPS survey results.
- Directed the development of FISMA and 508-compliant web-based IT solutions for most operating divisions of the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Implemented large-scale programs and projects such as Image and Process Management, Web Content Management, Web Sites and Portals, Data Integration, Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Business Intelligence,
- Project Management,
- Strategic Planning,
- Team Leadership,
- Cost and Vendor Management,
- Process Improvement,
- Healthcare IT.
GBMC is a 2,450 employee not-for-profit corporation that owns and operates Greater Baltimore Medical Center, a 280-bed regional community hospital, the Greater Baltimore Health Alliance, the first hospital-based ACO in Maryland, and Gilchrist Hospice Care, the largest not-for-profit hospice organization in the state.
Manager, Business Intelligence/Data Governance (2011 to present)
- Epic-certified Cogito project leader for Reporting and Analytics and Interfaces manager. Successfully implemented Epic reporting across our entire health system: hospital, physician practices, Gilchrist hospice and multiple ancillary locations such as lab and pharmacy. Scope includes Predictive Analytics models, SlicerDicer, Reporting Workbench, Radar, Clarity and Cogito Caboodle Data Warehouse solutions integrating third party data, leveraging SAP BI universes and Web Intelligence.
- Use cases of value derived from data include support of COVID-19 reporting and state-wide interfaces, Opioid Utilization reporting, support of significant improvement in patient outcomes and population health management recognized by the 2020 Baldrige National Quality Award, HIMSS Davies Award, EMRAM Stage 7 and Most Wired Stage 9 certifications, and Epic 10 Gold Stars level.
- Delivered an organization-wide business intelligence platform, based on SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 and Microsoft SQL Enterprise 2008, facilitating self-reporting and providing a portal with access to BI components including dashboards and analytical tools.
- Implementation of data governance strategies and processes, to regulate data policies and establish data stewardship, including business rule definitions and metadata management.
IT Solutions, Event and Program Management, Strategic Communications and Marketing
Senior Director of IT (2010 to 2011)
- Developed a top-performing team of highly skilled and customer-oriented professionals, transforming the organization's IT capabilities from supporting mostly event management software to delivering full scale IT services resulting in the award of the CIO-SP3 government wide acquisition contract.
- Established lifecycle, SDLC, change management and other best-practice IT processes.
- Developed a top-performing team of highly skilled and customer-oriented professionals.
- Implemented the Drupal open source content management framework, including Linux instances running on Amazon's Elastic Cloud Computing platform, providing the framework for highly scalable sites.
- Developed web-based IT solutions promoting the delivery of health care, in particular to under-served communities. Clients include the Food and Drug Administration, the National Institutes of Health, the National Cancer Institute, and the Health Resources and Services Administration.
Juan I. Negrin, PMP
Information Technology Management Consultant (2010)
- Conducted an IT staff assessment for B L Seamon Corporation to align resources with strategic objectives.
Provident Bank, Baltimore, MD
A $6 billion regional bank, with 150 branches located primarily in Maryland, DC and Virginia, and about 1,800 employees.
Vice President Client Support Services, IT (2006 to 2009)
Enterprise-wide delivery and support of IT solutions, project management and vendor relationships. Managed a $1MM budget for three departments and 21 employees.
- Directed the implementation of over 40 projects, including document imaging and process management solutions. Typically resulting in a 60% decrease in turnaround timeframes and $500,000 annual savings.
- Strategically planned and implemented an e-Banking portal resulting in a 40% increase in online applications.
- Integrally supported 150+ business process reengineering initiatives resulting in $17MM annual savings.
- Developed a web-based OLAP application to enable efficient and accurate financial reporting of sales data.
- Designed and implemented a Business Intelligence Architecture to enhance access to actionable information, and eliminate manual reporting, by leveraging a multi-dimensional corporate data warehouse.
- Re-negotiated IT contracts resulting in improved service levels and $2MM savings annually.
Program Manager, IT (2004 to 2006)
Managed the development and support of consumer and small business applications. Acted as the liaison between IT and the business units and managed their major IT vendor relationships.
- Innovative automation resulted in over $500,000 annual savings and reduced turnaround timeframes by 66%.
Strategic Project Manager (2001 to 2003)
Managed special projects, researched strategic initiatives and facilitated decision-making and problem-solving work-sessions enterprise wide.
- Re-engineered electronic payment processes to absorb a 120% increase in volume, delivering better service with improved risk management.
- Extensive research and negotiations with clearing houses, and the Fed, resulted in improved workflows, and additional revenue and savings totaling close to $400,000 annually.
Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Fine Arts, Maryland Institute College of Art (2000 to 2001)
IT Management Consultant to Provident Bank while studying fine arts and digital imaging.
Mortgage Systems Administrator (1995 to 1999)
- Managed two System Administrators and performed wide area network administration across several states.
- Programmed new functionality resulting in improved turnaround times and reduced error rates.
MA -- Applied History -- Carnegie-Mellon University
- Full tuition fellowship. 3.75 GPA. Created a Visual Basic program to teach computer-based History.
BA -- History -- Cornell University
- Courses in Geology, Astronomy, Statistics, Advanced Calculus, and Computer Science: PL/C and COBOL.
French Baccaluaréat -- Mathematics and Natural Sciences -- Lycée Audiberti, Antibes, France
- Mention “Très Bien” (Summa Cum Laude).
- BI and Datawarehousing: Epic Cogito Reporting, SAP Business Objects BI including Dashboard Design, Web Intelligence, Crystal Enterprise and Universe Design, SQL Server.
- Statistics: Statistica (including Data Miner and Text Miner), QI Macros, PHStat.
- Web Content Management Systems (Drupal, Site Executive, Crown Peak).
- Image management and electronic workflows (Oracle I/PM and Kofax Ascent Capture, IBM, JIRA).
- Microsoft Office including Access, Visio and Project, and personal user of Mac systems.
- Windows and Ubuntu Linux, HTML, XML, CSS, Java, PHP, .Net, Coldfusion, Flash, Photoshop.
- EPIC 2019 Cogito Project Manager Certification.
- EPIC 2019 Radar Adminstration Certification.
- EPIC 2019 Reporting Workbench Certification.
- PMI Certified Project Management Professional (number 1306957).
- CHIME CIO Bootcamp Graduate.
- Just Culture for Healthcare Managers.
- LEAN Healthcare Boot Camp.
- CHIME (College of Healthcare Management Information Systems Executives).
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
- The Graduate School of Retail Bank Management, University Of Virginia (a 3-year program).
- Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Fine Arts, Maryland Institute College of Art.
- Total Quality Management Certification by the Business School of the University of Maryland.
- President of the Board of Directors, Chase Brexton Healthcare, a Federally Qualified Health Center serving over 30,000 patients annually.
- Founding parent of the Green School of Baltimore, a Charter School.
- American Sports Education Program-registered Youth Coach and U-10 Girls Soccer coach.
- Provident Bank Co-chair United Way campaign (raised over $300,000).
- Fluent in Spanish, French and English.
- Dual citizen USA and Europe.